Wreaths are colorful additions to any Christmas decorations and are regarded as prime symbols of the Christmas culture and tradition. Usually made from evergreen plants, wreaths are often used by people to express their never-fading love for Jesus. These wreaths can be placed anywhere - on the mantle, in the middle of your front door, as a table centerpiece and can even be presented as seasonal gifts to friends and relatives. Apart from this, you can even use Advent wreaths to mark down the four weeks before Christmas. These Advent wreaths use four candles each of which is lit every Sunday starting from the first Sunday and continuing till the last Sunday before Christmas.
Tips For Decorating With Christmas Wreaths
Wreaths are wonderful ways of infusing the true spirit of the Christmas season. Given below are some simple tips for decorating with Christmas wreaths.
Decorating With Christmas Wreaths
- The one place that you are sure to come across a beautifully decorated Christmas wreath is on the inside of the front door or the entrance door. The sole purpose of hanging a Christmas wreath on the door is to greet friends and relatives for the season and infuse a little festive spirit to the party.
- Apart from this, wreaths can be used to decorate any room within the house especially in the living room.
- Another great place to hang a wreath and which would especially be a delight for kids and young children is on the wall of their room just over their bed. You can even personalize it by writing their name on top of the wreath. Further, you can add a theme like sports, fairies, music depending on the likes and the interests of the children.
- A beautifully decorated Christmas wreath will also look good over the fireplace. This is especially true for the traditional evergreen variety.
- Other areas where you can add a seasonal wreath in order to add a splash of the festival are on the lamppost, around the letterbox or on the front porch.
- Preserved wreaths consist of live flowers that are artificially preserved by using chemical agents for a better color and longer life. These are mostly used by people who live in dry climate areas as humid environment causes the added colors and preservatives to run. These are mostly used as outdoor wreaths.
- If you are looking for a wreath that can withstand different climatic conditions and high humidity levels, then you can opt for the different artificial wreaths that are made from synthetic materials. The best part of using such wreaths is that they can be used year after year without any added maintenance expenditures.
- Another variety of wreath that works well with people living in high humid conditions is the ones that are made of dried flowers and leaves. However, these wreaths need to be replaced after a certain period of time and look good only when they are new.