Good Christmas decors can add to the character and flair of a dining table and enhance the mood of the diners. Innumerous ways are there by which you can decorate your dining room table this season. You can even encourage your kids or smaller siblings to help you and in this process bring out their creativity and imagination. It is often said that the purpose of a table napkin is not only to rest on the dining table. These napkins are a ways by which one can directly express one's creativity and personality. Whether it is the classic pyramid fold or the elegant rose pattern, napkins add volumes to the ambience of a dining table and set the tone for a memorable dining experience. A number of ways are there by which you can design your Christmas napkins this season. One very creative and interesting way of decorating your Christmas napkins this season is given below. Read on to know how to make Candy cane Napkin Rings.
Christmas napkin rings are a great way to decorate your table during the festive season. Read on to get some simple tips on how to make candy cane napkin rings.
Christmas Candy Cane Napkin Rings
- One big sheet of white construction paper
- Scissors or cutting board
- White glitter glue
- White craft glue
- Red Glitter glue
How To Make Candy Cane Napkin Rings
- Place a white construction sheet on a covered work surface.
- The sheet of construction paper should be lying on the work surface in such a manner that the shorter edges are on the sides while the longer ones are at the top and the bottom.
- Starting from the bottom of the paper from the left corner, draw a line of red glitter glue and continue till the top of the paper. Leaving a gap of about, 1 inch in between, draw another line extending from the bottom to the top. Repeat this process along the entire length of the paper.
- Repeat the above step in the same manner using the white glitter glue. Take care not to touch the lines in between.
- Using a paintbrush, gently spread the strip of red line along the entire length. This has to be done without touching the white line.
- Now using another paintbrush spread the white strip gently. The different lines should be touching one another or should be at least very close to one another.
- After this process, keep the sheet aside for drying. This will take some time around 6 to 7 hours. Be careful not to touch the sheet during this time.
- After the sheet has dried completely, fold the entire sheet in the middle and gently crease it. Now using a sharp scissor, divide the entire paper into two halves along the crease.
- Now, hold one of the divided sheets in such a manner that all the lines are lying in a horizontal manner. Starting from the bottom, divide the piece of paper into two and then divide again. Thus, in the process, the entire sheet is divided into four parts.
- The other sheet is also cut in a similar manner. This will result in a total of 8 strips.
- Now roll each of these strips to form a circle in such a manner that the ends overlap by about an inch. This is then secured by using a piece of cello-tape.
- Through each of the rings, napkins are inserted and then set on the table. To make it even more exciting, real candy canes can be attached to each of the napkin rings.