Christmas is a delightful time of the year. Everything about Christmas is lovely. Decoration is one of the most integral parts of Christmas festivity. To decorate your interiors and exteriors you can decide upon a theme. There are various themes associated with Christmas decoration. One of them very popular yet easy theme would be a retro theme. Those colorful round bubble lights, garlands, cardboard houses, stockings, vintage ornaments, are the stuff that reminds you of retro Christmas memories. These treasures create a distinctive and thrilling holiday wonder place that will charm the hearts of family and friends. These vintage items will recapture the era of 50-60s and allure your guests, which have now become the memoirs of generations to come. When it comes to retro décor, the journey begins with the fond memories of your youth, or through the magic of cinema. Remember the time when families gathered around fireplaces, with large Christmas trees with colorful bulbs, or toy-filled stockings. If you identify with this, then retro Christmas is a time for nostalgia and traditions. Listed below are some ideas to help you decorate.
Christmas Decorations In Retro Style
Christmas in retro era was all about sparkling and glossy decorations. Read on for some tips on retro Christmas decorations.
Retro Christmas Decorations
- Simply star decorating with your Christmas tree. Decorate it with ornaments in deep gemstones, shiny gold balls of figurines, and dark fancy colored ribbons.
- Hang some glistering ornaments from a chandelier hanging above the table.
- For lightings, favor monochromatic look, or multicolored lights series and ornaments to give it the retro bejeweled look.
- You can have planned Christmas table decorations with strands of twinkling lights wrapped around a floral centerpiece.
- You can have classicism of old retro designs by designing your interiors with mission style furniture.
- You can hang garlands wherever you fancy – decorated on staircases, doorways, windowpanes, freely draped over the mirrors and the mantelpieces.
- Boughs and pines were a basic part of holiday décor of that era. Arrange fruits, colorful flowers woven into garlands, candles, and ornaments to give it an authentic feel, as greenery was everywhere then.
- Use lots of big wide ribbons, figurines, thick gold decorative ornaments, silky fabrics for your interiors
- Have the table settings and embellishments in a formal luxury look. Use lots of ribbon bows, silky shiny floor length cloth, and bright colored fabrics for your cover.
- Display and light up cute cartoon characters like the frosty the snowman, Santa and elves etc which were extremely popular in that ear for the front yard. They will definitely add a dash of fun and flair.
- Delicate small shapes were the classic of that era. Search for bells, stars, and miniature gift boxes made of metal and add that retro touch to your festivity décor.
- You can create a nativity scene for the front lawn, powered by electric decorations, which were a landmark in retro era.
- You can decorate your outsides of the home, building, or a fence with wrought iron material. It can also add a touch of retro décor to your yard.