Christmas North Pole Sign is one of the many ways of decorating the house during the festival. It is a beautiful craft which is simple yet elegant. It is in the form of a long tube with a flag depicting "North Pole" on the top. It is made in a style of direction baton which has arrows below the "North Pole" pointing to the homes of various Christmas related characters like Santa Claus, reindeer, elf, etc. However, there can be deviation from the traditional North Pole signs and these can be personalized by using individual tags like one describing your house. North Pole sign is an expensive item but at the same time, indispensable for the festival. So, why not make it at home, which will be cost-effective and at the same time have your individual touch? This craft is very easy and can be made with materials readily available. Besides, making it at home will give you the liberty to introduce as many ideas as you can and blend it to the décor of your house. This centerpiece is sure to lure your guests and give an elegant touch to your table setting. In this article, we bring you two simple tips to make the North Pole sign at home.
How To Make North Pole Sign Centerpiece
Doll Pin North Pole Sign
North Pole Sign is a type of Christmas decoration which is in form of direction baton. Read on to find some simple ways to make Christmas North Pole sign centerpiece at home.
North Pole Sign Centerpiece
- Large craft stick
- Wooden doll pin stand
- Red and white acrylic paint
- Black marker
- White craft glue
- Take the wooden doll pin stand and the large craft stick. Use a paint brush to coat these with white acrylic paint. Apply two to three shades and see that the entire structure is well covered with paint. Allow it to dry.
- In the meantime cut out a small square piece of cardboard as per your requirement. You can use the cardboard from the cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc. Apply white paint on it and allow it to dry.
- From another part of the cardboard cut out a small rectangular piece, smaller than the above square one. Apply red paint on it and set it aside to dry thoroughly.
- Once the craft stick is dry, apply red paint on it in the form of regular stripes. The red paint is to be applied on an angle, going up the stick. Let it dry for some time.
- When the white cardboard is dry, cut out a smaller rectangle and three equal sized smallest rectangles. Cut out a pointed end to the right on two of the rectangles and on the third one, a pointed end to the left.
- Write down an interesting phrase on each of the three equal sized rectangles. Use the black marker for the purpose. You can write phrases like " Santa"s house", "elf workshop", "reindeer barn", "snowman"s hide out" etc. Be innovative and write some uncommon new phrases to arrest the attention of your guests.
- On the other half of the white cardboard which you have cut into a small rectangle, write ";North Pole"using the black marker.
- From the red cardboard, cut a rectangle bigger than the "North Pole" rectangle. Paste the "North Pole" rectangle on this red cardboard. The red outline will be clearly visible on the outer part of the white cardboard.
- Push the craft stick gently into the wooden doll stand. To make it fit properly to the stand, glue it to the stand.
- Paste the "North Pole" rectangle on the top of the craft stick and glue the fun phrases rectangle below it. Place the right and left pointed rectangles alternatively. Spread white glue glitter on these direction rectangles and allow it to dry. The North Pole sign is ready to be displayed on your table.
- You can always personalize the North Pole Sign by replacing the"North Pole" with your family"s surname. Also, use phrases like "My room", "Mom"s kitchen", "Dad"s garden" etc.
Flower Pot North Pole Sign
- Flower pot
- Tube shaped cardboard
- Hot glue gun
- Floral foam
- Small red plastic ball
- Christmas drape (cotton sheets used for showing snow)
- Tissue paper
- Colorful ribbon
- Small striped balls
- White glue glitter
- Red marker
- Use the hot glue gun to paste the floral foam into the pot. Insert the tube cardboard into the foam and glue it to stay intact.
- Take a white and red striped wrapping paper and drape it around the entire length of the cardboard tube using a tape. Before you wrap the paper, fold the edges to make a clean edge for the covering.
- Push the tube into the foam. Use glue to make it stand intact there. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the flower pot from the top containing the floral foam to the bottom with Christmas drape. This gives it a misty snow look to the pot.
- Now paste the red plastic pole on the top of the cardboard tube. This will give a glow to the entire tube.
- Take an attractive red ribbon and fold it in a stylish way. Glue it at the base of the tube which is the top of the pot. You can also paste some other red and white stripe small balls along with the ribbon. This will make the base look very attractive.
- Take a cardboard and cut a small flag out of it. Paint the flag with white glitter glue and allow it to dry. Once it is dry, write "NORTH POLE" on it using a bright red marker. Glue it to the top of the tube just below the plastic ball.
- Cut three small triangles out of the cardboard. Paint them with white glitter glue and allow them to dry. Using the red marker write one phrase on each of them like" Santa"s house", "elf workshop","reindeer barn", "snowman"s hide out" etc. You can also personalize the phrases like "my room", "dad"s workshop" etc.
- Glue the triangles below the "North Pole" flag in alternate patterns with two triangles pointing towards left and one towards right. Your North Pole sign is ready to be kept and admired by your guests.