The more decorations you are surrounded, the more Christmassy you feel! So why don't you enhance the spirit of Christmas with an exotic snow globe? Visualize a miniaturized scene with a Christmassy theme and enclose it within a transparent sphere made of glass! What you would eventually have is a fancy snow globe! Generally, water serves as the main constituent of the snow globe and a fantastic medium through which snow falls! This will require a little patience and time, but it would pay off well in the end! Snow globes often include music boxes, which play Christmas carols. Continue reading this brief article as you master the intricate steps to making a very visually appealing snow globe to accentuate the Christmas decorations inside your home.
Things You Need:
Make a replica of mother earth this Christmas. Try this Christmas craft
- Cold Water
- Florist clay
- Hot glue gun
- Medium or large baby food jars or any other transparent jar
- Other decorative items such as ribbon or garland plastic greenery
- Small waterproof figurines
- White glitter/fake snow
- Colored Oil (optional)
- Wash and clean the jars thoroughly.
- Attach the figurine to inside of jar lid using florist clay.
- If the figurine is small build up the clay a little and cover it with artificial waterproof berries and greens and then attach the figurine to it.
- Fill jar with cold water up to 1 cm from the top.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of glitter or snow into water.
- Screw on the lid and let it stand overnight with lid on top.
- Seal the lid with glue to ensure that it is waterproof.
- Embellish the lid using paint or decorating it with ribbons or greenery.
- Glue the items secured with clay too for added security.
- You may add a drop of colored oil for the swirling effect.