Christmas is the season of exchange of gifts and cards. The tradition of exchanging cards in Christmas began about 150 years ago in Great Britain. The first commercial Christmas card was prepared by Sir Henry Cole in London in 1843 and since then the tradition had been followed till date. Today personalized Christmas cards are in vogue and are highly preferable than the general one. It is very much viable to make these cards at home. In fact, there are numerous scopes for creativity and innovations if they are made at home. You can make them just with the basic things like craft paper, glue, glitters, colors, and colorful ribbons. It is a fascinating craft as you can have as many designs as your imaginations can expand. Even the kids can participate in making these cards which in turn boost their novel thoughts. Almost anything, starting from the jewels and ornaments found in craft-stores to the old used things lying at home like dried flowers, old cards, wrapping papers etc can go into making an exquisite card. Read on to find some simple ways to make these cards at home.
How To Make Christmas Greeting Card
Christmas Tree Greeting Card
Gift your loved ones this Christmas with your artistic handmade greeting cards. We bring you some simple tips for making Christmas greeting card at your home.
Christmas Greeting Card Crafts
- Cedar leaf
- Craft Paper
- Gold star
- Red Felt
- Take a craft paper and paste red fold on both the sides. Fold the paper into two rectangular halves and allow it to dry.
- Collect a medium size cedar leaf (the size which will fit well in your craft paper). Paste the leaf on the outer side of the felt wrapped craft paper. This leaf looks like a small Christmas tree.
- Now take a gold colored star and glue it on the top of the tree. Paste small ornaments in a regular pattern on the leaf.
- Trace out small stars from the craft paper and cut them out. Glue them randomly on over the red felt.
- Apply small quantity of glue all over the card. Immediately before the glue dries, sprinkle glitters all over the card. Once the glitter is pasted well into the card, tap off the excess glitter. Your Christmas tree greeting card is ready!
Santa Claus Greeting Card
- Craft paper
- White Glitters
- Red and White Felt
- Take a craft paper and draw circle on it using compass and pencil. Cut the circle out of the paper using scissor.
- Cut out a circular red felt of the same diameter as the above circle. Paste it on the craft paper circle and allow it to dry.
- Now cut a smaller circle from another craft paper and the same diameter circle from a green felt. Paste the green circle on the craft circle.
- Now paste the smaller circle over the bigger circle and allow it to dry.
- Trace the figure of Santa Claus' face on a craft paper and cut it out. The face should be smaller than the inner circle and should fit properly into it. Now paste the face inside the smaller circle.
- With a black marker make the eyes, nose and a smiling mouth of Santa. Paste thick layers of white glitter to make the mustache and beard of Santa.
- Cut out a figure of hat from the red felt and glue it to Santa's head in such a way that the end portion of the hat falls on one side of his face.
- Now that the exterior of the card is ready, cut another circle from the craft paper of the diameter of the bigger circle. Glue it sidewise to the main circle. You can paste a red felt in this circle and allow it to dry.
- Once it is dry, write your personalized message inside the card and gift it to your loved ones.