Christmas is time for celebration, carnival and festivity all over the world. This holy festival is celebrated in the honour of birth of Jesus Christ on the twenty fifth day of December. During the winter time when everything is dry and almost dead, this festival brings to light a vibrant spirit of life. This beautiful festival is celebrated differently in different countries, but a few customs like Christmas decorations, Christmas tree and the grand Christmas dinner are prominent everywhere. Kids enjoy this festival a lot, as Christmas brings with it the holiday season of the year. Amongst all the fun and merriment, indulging in crafts is one of the most preferred activities that kids take part in. Making crafts allows kids to pass their time in a constructive way. Also, the crafts made in the process can be used for decorating the house and the outdoors. This would make the kids feel that they are also contributing in the preparations of the grand celebration. Following are some simple steps to make cotton snow flake at home. Let your child make it and enjoy crafting!
Cotton Snow Flake
Things You Need:
Cotton Snow Flake craft adds to the Christmas environment
Cotton Snow Flake
- A damp cloth
- Cotton twine
- Narrow Ribbon
- Silver or white glitter
- Small bowl
- Two pieces of tape
- Waxed paper
- White glue
- Design a looped pattern for your snowflake.
- Tape a piece of waxed paper over the pattern.
- Pour glue into the bowl until it is ¼ inch deep.
- Cut the pieces of twine according to the pattern.
- Dip the twine into the glue by holding it between the tweezers.
- Squeeze off the excess glue using your fingers and then wipe your fingers on the damp cloth.
- Lay the glued twine on the waxed paper according to the pattern.
- You may need to use the toothpick to lay the twine on the loop.
- When you have covered the pattern with the twine, lightly dust it with glitter while glue is still damp.
- Leave snowflake the on waxed paper overnight.
- In the morning, peel the waxed paper off very gently.
- Attach the narrow ribbon to the loop to make the hanger for the ornament.