Christmas means celebration of the heart and soul. Christmas tree, gifts, parties, wreaths, baubles, and mouthwatering delicacies are the spirit of Christmas. Christmas brings back the feeling of togetherness and love, wherein you want all your friends and relatives to be at your Christmas party. Partying is the norm of the day and as they say there is no better way to celebrate your Christmas than to wine and dine with all your dear and near ones. You will be trying to reinvent those culinary talents by baking and making innovative dishes. However, the mouthwatering dishes you will prepare will have no effect unless it is laid in a pleasant ways. It is said that the feast of eyes is the feast of heart, and what better way to give your dining table an innovative look by making some Christmas food crafts. To decorate your dinner table with something that merges with your Christmas décor would be fun. Read on to know some easy food crafts for Christmas.
Easy Food Crafts For Christmas
Candy Cane Cookies
For this Christmas, make some really different crafts from food. Read on to know more about Christmas food crafts.
Christmas Food Crafts
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Red food coloring
- Cookie sheet
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 375 degreesF.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until the mix is light and fluffy in another bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, then add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the butter and sugar mixture, until well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half. Put half in a bowl; add enough red food coloring to make a nice color.
- Make little balls of red and plain dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the balls into ropes.
- Twist one red rope and one plain rope together, and shape them into a candy cane.
- Place dough on a baking sheet; bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Things You Need
Things You Need
- Snack chips
- 2-1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- Thin licorice string
- Raisins or currants
- Colored or silver jimmies or cinnamon candies
How To Make
- Put peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk in a big bowl.
- Squeeze and knead the ingredients together. Add more powdered milk if needed or if it is sticky. If it is too dry, add a little more honey or peanut butter.
- When you have a nice, smooth mix ready, shape it into a 3-inch cone to make the angel's body. Add a little ball of the mix on top for the angel's head.
- Carefully press 2 snack chips into the angel's back for wings.
- Wind a small piece of thin licorice string around the angel's head for a perfect halo.
- Use currants or raisins to make the face. Colored or silver jimmies or small cinnamon candies can decorate the angel's body.