Christmas is one of the biggest secular festivals celebrated to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ. The festival is observed in a number of ways by people residing in different corners of the globe. Nevertheless, the basic theme of the season remains the same and that is to spread the message of love and generously. This is the time when every person tries to renew his or her faith and moves forward in life in a better way learning from the mistakes of the past.
The customs and traditions of the Christmas season have a timeless feeling to them and are a delightful blend of the ancient rituals and the relatively more modern ones. Every home is embellished with innumerous beautiful decorations, lavish meals are prepared and friends and family get together to celebrate the festival in its true spirit. To make it all the more better, people craft their own Christmas decorations from easily available materials and in the process try to spend some quality time with each other. This can also be like a creative session for your kids where they get to enhance their imagination and artistic skills. Here is one spectacular idea on how to craft a unique Christmas decoration this year. And all you need to create this, are few materials that are easily available in any local stores and craft shops.
How To Make Homemade Christmas Frosty Sugar Glazed Fresh Fruit
A good Christmas decoration can add flair and character to your house. Read on to get some simple tips on how to make frosty sugar glazed fresh fruit during Christmas.
Frosty Sugar Glazed Fresh Fruit Craft
- Paint Brush
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Fresh Greenery
- Fruits like apples, oranges, lemons, grapes, berries and pears
- Granular Sugar
- 5 to 10 Egg Whites
- Clean all the fruits properly, pierce them by using a pipe cleaner and twist to create a handle.
- The pipe cleaner are added to the stems of the grapes and then twisted in the same manner
- After this, dip the fruits in a bowl containing 5 to 10 egg whites. Allow the excess egg whites to drip off.
- Next, the dipped fruits are rolled in another bowl containing granular sugar and then you can keep them aside to dry for some time.
- In the same manner, the greenery is dipped and coated with sugar.
- After drying, the fruits and the greenery can be added to the Christmas wreaths, garlands, swags. This can be even kept as holiday centerpieces by decorating in a beautiful tray or on an exquisite wide-mouthed vase. This can be kept anywhere in the house, on the dining table or any place where you want to add a splash of color.