There is no doubt the fact that children are the most excited lot about the arrival of Christmas. Seeing your kids excited about the approaching holiday you must be remembering your days and feeling nostalgic about it. The cookies, the parties, the surprises and Santa Claus, were all heavenly those days. The excitement, which you see in the eyes of your kids now, used to adorn your eyes too. To keep the excitement contained was one ordeal our parents had to pass and now it has fallen on us to let our kids enjoy and yet keep them entertained and busy. What can be a better way to let your kids participate in the decoration and let them feel important yet keep them contained and busy in the home than some Christmas crafts. Read on for some preschool Christmas crafts.
Christmas Crafts For Preschoolers.
Christmas Stocking Craft
Christmas brings excitement to the little tots. If you are passionate about little kids here are some interesting Christmas crafts ideas.
Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Red color craft paper
- Paper clips
- Ribbon or thread
- Fancy decorations
- Trace the outlines of the two stocking onto the red card collection.
- Cut the two stockings
- Help the child to punch a hole in the stocking (locked with a paper clip).
- Ask children to intertwine ribbon or thread to hold the stocking outlines together.
- Complete the craft by adding fancy decorations to it
Christmas Sleigh Craft Or Polar Express
- Empty milk cartons
- Craft sticks
- Craft paper
- Take an empty 150 ml milk carton and cut the top of it.
- Now trace the templates onto red construction paper
- Cut the strip and apply glue around the milk carton and then attach the sides of the sleigh
- Color out Santa, cut the shape, and add him to the front of the sleigh.
- Attach craft sticks to the bottom of the sleigh.
- Add different colored shredding inside the container and load it with lovely treats.
Christmas Stocking Shape Card
- Color or paints
- Craft paper
- Craft sticks
- Take a stocking and fold it in half. Color or paint the stocking red or trace it on construction paper. Make sure the construction paper is letter sized.
- Now cut the paper along the bold lines of the stocking and leave the folded part uncut.
- Cut the pictures with verses along the dotted line
- You can ask children to color the pictures on the verses (optional), apply glue and stick it to the inside and outside of the card.
- Stick on other decorations like beads, tinsel, sequins and glitter glue.
Clay Pot Snowmen
- Black Fine tip Marker
- Acrylic Paints In White, Orange And Pink
- 1 1/2" Diameter Wooden Ball
- Clear Coat Spray
- 2 Buttons
- White Craft Or Hot Glue
- Child's Sock
- 2 1/4" Diameter Clay Pot
- Gold Ribbon
- Material or Mitten Scrap
- Small and Large Paintbrushes
- Take a newspaper and place it down on work area
- Take a clay pot, turn it over and stick wooden ball to the base of the pot.
- When the glue dries up paint the outside of the clay pot and the ball in white color with a large paintbrush. If required apply a second coat.
- Take a child's sock and cut the foot ends of it.
- Create a brim by folding up the cuff of the sock. Now place the cuff of the sock onto the head of the snowman. Stick the edges in its place.
- Tie a piece of golden ribbon around the top of the hat and cut fringes on top of the hat with scissors.
- Give the fringes a shape of your choice.
- Tie a strip of some material around the neck to make it look like a scarf.
- With markers draw eyes and mouth, dab a little orange paint for nose and pink for the cheeks.
- Stick two buttons in front of the snowman.