Christmas is a holy festival, which signifies the birth anniversary of Jesus Christ. It brings a festive and carnival spirit all around in the world. Christmas is a great occasion to spend time with family and friends. Thus, one should choose those activities in which the whole family can involve and spend some quality time together. And what better way to spend great family time than indulge in crafts. Crafts not only help you brush your creativity and ingenuity, but also make way for a personalized Christmas celebration. Talking about family crafts, holiday play dough ranks at the topmost position. While parents can play the role of the instructor, kids can be the creator. Read few simple steps to make such play dough.
Holiday Play Dough
Things You Need:
Prepare the Holiday Play Dough Craft and add to your celebrations.
Holiday Play Dough
- ½ cup Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 2-tablespoon Oil
- 2-teaspoon Tartar Cream
- Any Food Color
- Large mixing bowl
- A pan to cook
- Wooden Spoon
- Choose an empty hard-surfaced floor area and spread newspapers on it.
- Add the flour and salt into the bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly using the wooden spoon.
- Now add tartar cream to it and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Add water slowly while mixing to the desired consistency of the dough.
- Add a few drops of food color to the dough and mix it well.
- Add more color, if you need a darker color.
- You can also make secondary colors by combining the primary colors in different quantities and combinations.
- Now place the mixture in a pan.
- Cook while stirring constantly over the medium heat until the mixture turns into a ball.
- Cool it for sometime in the refrigerator, before the children start playing with it.
- To be used later, store the play dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator.