Christmas is already knocking at the doors and you are yet to finalize on the decorations that you are planning for your home. When you think about decorating the home's indoors, you look at the kind of decorations that you have at home. Among the various decoration items, the name of the Christmas angel can never be forgotten. You will need angels on your table, on your wall, on your door; probably there won't be many places where you can't find an angel at your home during Christmas. Angels are celestial beings so you consider it as a blessing in disguise to have so many angels at your home. Angels do have a special place in Christmas as it were the angels who sang the first carols celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Angels are the easiest of any Christmas crafts that can be made as it can be made from practically anything ranging from paper to a piece of soap. It totally depends upon your imagination and creativity. Given here are the ideas to make two simple angel crafts with paper.
Homemade Christmas Angel Crafts
Angels are unavoidable part of Christmas decorations, and surely is an easy to make craft. Find some easy ways of making angel Christmas crafts here.
Christmas Angel Crafts
- 1 to 2 Christmas cards per angel
- Wooden beads
- Gold or silver pipe cleaners
- Circle template
- Decorative accessories of your choice
How to Make
- Cut out the angel's skirt.
- Cut out a perfect circle from the front of a Christmas card. Later cut it into two equal halves.
- To create the angel's body, fold one of the halves to cone and paste it at the back. You can even staple it for firmness.
- Fold the angel's wings. Place the other half circle on a flat surface in front of you. Starting at the straight edge, fold it in to form a paper fan. You can make the pleats as large or small as you wish. Unfold and pinch it in the center. Glue the wings to the angel's back.
- Take a wooden bead, with a permanent marker draw a face and glue yarn onto the bead to create hair. Glue the bead to the top of the cone, making sure the face is facing the front of the angel's skirt.
- Add a halo made out of silver or gold pipe cleaners to the angel's head, and you can decorate the angel as per your imagination with sequins, glitter or any other decorative accessory that is available.
- 1" wood circle
- 4" x 10" piece of tulle
- 4" x 6" piece of patterned cardstock
- 3" piece of gold chenille
- 8" piece of white ribbon
- Paint: peach and pink
- Black fine tip marker
- Hot glue
How To Make
- Paint the wood circle peach and set aside to dry. Since it is the face dab it with a little red color onto the cheeks using your fingers and draw eyes and nose using a marker.
- Fold up cardstock in accordion style. When finished, pinch one end, leaving the other open like a fan. Staple the pinched end closed.
- Gather the tulle fabric in the center to create your wings. Tie the white ribbon around the tulle in the center. Tie the open ends of the white ribbon together to create the hanger for your ornament.
- Bend gold chenille into a circle and hot glue it to the back of the wooden circle which will form the halo.
- Glue the wings to the back of the paper body. Glue the wood circle to the top of the paper body.