Christmas is a very popular festival celebrated round the globe with great joy and merriment. It has a vast significance amongst Christian believers and is celebrated differently amongst people from different ethnicities and sects. Christmas crackers are very essential part of Christmas celebrations in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa. Invented by Thomas Smith in 1846, Christmas cracker is basically a colored paper tube twisted over both ends, which traditionally contains a paper crown, a small gift and a joke written on a slip of paper. When it's pulled on each end, cracker breaks and contents fall out. Usually kids play with it on Christmas Eve to celebrate the holy occasion. One can buy it from the shops during the Christmas season or can make himself to add a personal touch to this holy tradition. Please go through the following steps to make your own Christmas cracker and enjoy your holidays!
Christmas Cracker Crafts
Things You Need:
Blast your Christmas party with Christmas Cracker Craft
- 1 Toilet Tissue Roll
- Crepe Paper
- Decorative String
- Decorative Trimmings, Glitter and Ribbon
- Small Party Favors such as Paper Party Hats, Candies, Nuts, Riddles and Trinkets
- Transparent Tape
- Cut a piece of 8"x10" and 2 pieces of 8"x5" of crepe paper.
- Place the toilet tissue roll in the center of the 10" side of the 8"x10" piece of crepe paper.
- Wrap the crepe paper around the roll and secure it in place with 1 or 2 pieces of transparent tape placed on the underside of the crepe paper.
- Place the snapper in the roll in such a manner so that it extends out on both ends of the cracker.
- Insert party favors into the roll.
- Tie each end of cracker with string.
- Make the fringe for your cracker by folding a piece of 8"x5" in half lengthwise.
- Cut it 1" deep along the unfolded edges narrowly.
- Do the same with the second piece of 8"x5" crepe paper.
- Take about 12" of decorative string and place it along the inside fold of the fringes and gather and tie it around both the ends of the cracker.
- Decorate your cracker using trims, lace, ribbons or glitter.