On the Christmas festive day you start preparing for holidays like a breeze, buying gifts for everyone, and taking care of all the entertainment and decorations. Kids are the ones who are excited a lot. While you wrap, organize, rearrange or decorate with your Christmas activities, keep the little ones busy by teaching them some Christmas related crafts in the true spirit of festivity. As children are restless, it's difficult to hold their attention. The crafts should be quick and easy, because even the smartest kids would love to see the fruit of their labor in deed within a short span of time. For kids craft the requirement of materials and equipments should be minimum and results instant and cute. As Christmas is also related with winter season, it is a good idea to incorporate winter crafts. These are favorites with kids, like the snowmen, penguins, and snowflakes and also fun to make. These winter crafts are a fun way to spend a cold afternoon, so huddle up around the table with some warm chocolate milk, and make some elf related crafts inside where it's pleasant and warm.
Elf Related Crafts For Christmas
Elves are the cutest little dwarfs ever. Read on to learn elf crafts for Christmas.
Christmas Elf Crafts
- Green pipe cleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- Decorative contact paper
- Grass seed
- Utility knife
How To Make:
- Take an empty canister and wrap a decorative paper around it. You can also paint the canister.
- Now make the face. Take two big googly eyes and stick them right onto the canister.
- Next, take a green pipe cleaner and cut a 3 inches piece for the mouth, 2 inches of paper for nose and cut the remainder in equal halves for the ears.
- Bend a nosepiece in half to give it a nose shape. Stick it to the canister just below the eyes with the v pointing downwards.
- Now curve the mouthpiece into u shape or smile. Stick it to the canister below the nose. Let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Take the two ear pieces of the pipe cleaner and bend it into circles. To round them up nicely twist the ends to secure it.
- Take a utility knife and make holes on each side of the canisters face to insert the ears. Make sure the holes line up. Take the help of an adult for using utility knife.
- Insert the ends of the ear through the holes.
- Fill the canister grass head with sand all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle grass seed all over the top of the sand.
- Add a final layer of sand all over the seeds. And watch the grass heads hair grows.
Christmas Tree Ornament
- 2 Small Twigs
- 3 Styrofoam Balls Of 3 Different Sizes
- White Glitter
- Orange And Silver Pipe Cleaner
- Wooden Skewer
- Blue Felt
- Plastic Plate
How To Make
- Form a snowman by putting your 3 balls onto a wooden skewer. Keep moving the skewer around to make a small hole in each of the ball.
- Remove the skewer out and insert silver pipe cleaner into the 3 balls, backside in snowman formation.
- To secure pipe cleaner at the base twist it and form a loop at the top of the snowman's head with the remaining length.
- Apply glue all over your snowman.
- Sprinkle chunky white glitter all over your snowman, and then add finer white glitter. Let it dry for some time.
- Apply glue and stick a twig on each side of the center ball for arms.
- Take an orange pip cleaner to make a nose. Cut the pipe cleaner to about a half inch and fold the ends. Apply glue and stick it right into the face.
- Use peppercorns on for eyes and a mouth. Black paint or black marker can also be used for making eyes.
- Take the blue felt and cut a tiny scarf out of it. Make fringe on both ends, and stick around snowman's neck. Let it aside to dry for about 20 minutes. And your snowman is ready to hang on your tree.