The holy festival of Christmas is on the way, and people have started with the preparations for the same. Every Christian, around the world, celebrates this festival with fervent bliss and ecstasy, following all the customs and rituals related to the festival. Lighting and gifting Christmas candles is also an age-old customs followed all over. This beautiful custom was started in the Roman times during the festival of Saturnalia, in which they used to gift, light and offer candle to friends, family and Saturn. The same was followed when Christianity came into existence and since then, Christmas candles have been a significant part for Christmas décor and celebrations. They are used to adorn the Christmas trees, houses, gardens, snowman and so on. Making and gifting these beautiful Christmas candles would surely render a special feeling to your dear ones. Check out the follow these simple steps and make your own Christmas candle at home.
Christmas Candle Crafts
Things You Need:
Christmas Candle is an easy Christmas Craft. Make it and gift to your near and dears.
- 10 Drops Of Essential Or Scented Oil
- Baby Food Jars
- Left Over Hot Candle Wax
- Other Decorative Items Such As Pine Cones And Beads
- Popsicle Stick
- Red Or Green Colored Holiday Candle
- Heat the leftover hot candle wax a little and pour it inside the baby food jar.
- At the end, burn the holiday candle and pour little of its red or green colored wax at the top.
- Cut the wick longer than needed.
- Put it in the hot wax already in the jar.
- Tape the top of the wick to a popsicle stick and twist it a few times.
- Lay the popsicle stick across the top of the jar to make sure that the wick stays upright.
- Add 10 drops of scented or essential oil in any desired fragrance such as cinnamon, vanilla, lavender, jasmine or pine.
- Let it cool.
- To decorate the jar, tie a little ribbon around its base and embellish it with beads, pinecones and other decorative items.