The Christmas season reminds of drums and hymns, delicious delicacies, children in gaily colored dresses, Santa Clauses in all shapes, a large star hung up in the front of the house. The preparation for the festival begins at least a month in advance. People indulge in spring cleaning the house in order to present a fresh new look. The season is anxiously awaited not just by the children but also by the friends and neighbors! Why not make your Christmas dinner memorable by serving a vegetarian meal to all of them? Your guests will leave feeling satisfied with the delicious vegetarian stuffs cooked by you. Preparing vegetarian meals for Christmas is no less than a challenge, as it demands you to get more creative with only vegetables, nuts, fruits and grains. Below given are few yummy yuletide recipes which will be truly enjoyed by your guests for the occasion.
Easy And Quick Vegetarian Christmas Recipes
Have you planned for a vegetarian holiday gathering for this Christmas? Here are few delicious vegetarian Christmas recipes.
Vegetarian Christmas Recipes
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 1 medium Pepper (diced)
- 2½ oz Pepperoni (diced)
- 10 oz Tomato Soup
- ½ cup Water
- 15 large Green Cabbage Leaves
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- 7½ oz Spanish-Style Rice Mix
- 15 oz Tomatoes (stewed with juice)
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Take a pot and put a cabbage with water.
- Boil it covered for about 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and mix vinegar.
- Simmer until the content softens.
- Drain it and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, according to package directions, prepare Spanish rice using the stewed tomatoes; set it aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan; mix pepper, onion, and ham.
- Cook it for about 5 minutes approximately.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F; grease the baking dish.
- Place a cabbage leaf and spoon the prepared content inside.
- Roll up the leaf and place it in the dish.
- Repeat the same for the remaining cabbage.
- Now mix it with tomato soup and water.
- Transfer the mixture over the rolls.
- Take an aluminum foil and wrap the dish in it.
- Bake it until cabbage is tender.
- Serve it hot.
Grilled Vegetable Gratin
- ½ c dry Red Wine
- 1 pound Rigatoni
- ½ pound Mozzarella (grated)
- 2 large Bell Peppers
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 large Eggplants (2 pounds)
- 4 Tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 3 tsp fresh Basil (chopped)
- 3 tsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 2 large Red Onions (peeled & sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Chop the eggplants into thin slices.
- Apply salt on both the sides and set it aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut and remove the seeds of the peppers.
- Give a touch with olive oil on eggplants and peppers; grill it until tender.
- Keep peppers in paper bad for few minutes; remove the skin.
- Chop eggplant into small strips and set it aside.
- Heat olive oil and fry onion until they turn brown in color.
- Now add tomatoes, herbs, salt, wine and pepper.
- Simmer the content for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and grease the gratin dish.
- Boil rigatoni until they turn tender.
- Drain and mix tomato sauce and grilled vegetables.
- Spoon it into gratin dish, garnish it with remaining tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Now bake it for about 30-40 minutes.
- Enjoy it immediately.
- 1 green Bell Pepper (seeded & sliced)
- 1½ cup Tomatoes
- 1½ cup White Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Romaine Lettuce (medium)
- 1 Red Leaf Lettuce (medium)
- 2 heads Belgian Endive
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Pat, dry and trim the lettuces.
- Toss them with vegetables in a bowl.
- Top it with vinaigrette.
- Enjoy it immediately.