The Christmas holiday season indicates it's time to think about parties and family gatherings. It also makes you think about Christmas party recipes and what you are going to make. Just when your guests arrive and there is an extended period between the meal and arrival, appetizers serve the purpose of sustaining the guest during the waiting phase. Are you tired of just throwing a regular bowl of chips and snacks on the table for your guest at the Christmas party? Let these recipes for party appetizers help you to turn a Christmas party into an event to remember. The simplest way to feed the guests is to serve appetizers. Most of these can be prepared ahead of time and served. At Christmas parties or get together appetizers serve as a great snack or finger food. They are painless and fun to prepare, when you make these appetizer recipes you will be a hit at any party. To prepare these appetizers you don't have to be chefs, just people who love to entertain and food definitely brings people together.
Appetizer Recipes For Christmas
Greek -Style Sausage Roll
Christmas parties have unique flavors of delicacies and appetizers are one of them. Here are some quick recipes for appetizers.
Christmas Appetizer Recipes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 can (10-ounce) frozen package of thawed and chopped spinach.
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 10 sheets of frozen phyllo (very thin sheets of pastry dough) dough
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- Take a large skillet cook sausage and onion till it is tender, stirring it often.
- Drain spinach and stir feta cheese, parsley, white pepper and egg. Keep it aside.
- Take a single phyllo sheet and spread it flat, brush it with butter and top it with another sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining sheets. Spread 1 tbsp of butter on top of the pastry.
- Spread the spinach mixture lengthwise on the third bottom layer of phyllo sheets within 2 inches of ends
- Fold ends over; carefully roll up the phyllo sheet
- Place the roll with the seam side down and brush with 1 tbs butter
- Bake it in oven for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp salt to taste
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne (red chilli pepper powder) to taste
- 2 pounds of lump crab meat
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley leaves
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges as accomplishment
- Take a bowl and whisk together eggs, butter, cream, parsley, lemon juice, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and salt.
- Stir in the crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Take 3/4 inches of thick cake and pour ¼ cup measure of the crab mixture. Transfer the crab cakes to a baking sheet and with half the cornmeal
- Now sprinkle the crab cakes with the remaining cornmeal and set aside for an hour or overnight.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat on skillet and cook the crab cake in batches. Turn each on one side till golden brown. Use paper towels to drain.
- Garnish it with tartar sauce and lemon wedges
- Serves about 24 cakes
Serves 4 to 6
Greek Shish Kebab
Greek Shish Kebab
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 large mild red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound whole mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb (leg or shoulder), fats trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Take a large bowl and mix lemon juice, oil, , bay leaves, oregano, chopped onion and pepper
- Add lamb and marinate it with the coat. Refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the meat and set aside the marinade, add red onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to marinade.
- Thread meat cubes alternately with the vegetables on six skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill slightly greased on hot bed of charcoals.
- Cook until the meat and vegetables are golden brown and the meat is still pink in 12-15 minutes.