Starting from evergreen Christmas tree, aroma of cookies in the air, singing of Christmas carols, to anxiously waiting for Santa Claus and then the excitement of unwrapping the presents defines the spirit of Christmas season. Christmas is a beloved and favorite winter celebration for the people belonging to the Christian faith. It is an occasion to indulge in revelry and merry making. The arrival of Christmas is reminded from the month of November and also awakens the memories of how special the day is. The two things, which strike on the day, are 'Christmas Gifts' and 'Christmas Delicacies'. Good food is an integral part of any special celebrations. Nothing can bring the people into the Christmas spirit more than delicious recipes prepared for the occasion. It will help to gather your family and friends around the table. From oysters to turkey together with delightful cakes and cookies, salads are simply mouth watering! What else can be a better way to make merry than enjoying the delicious Christmas salad recipes. Whip up a holiday feast with these delicious Christmas salad recipes.
Quick Salad Recipes For Christmas
Do you want to make this Christmas the most memorable? Then here are few quick and tasty salad recipes for the occasion.
Christmas Salad Recipes
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (fresh)
- 1/2 cup fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Honey-Roasted Almonds (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Take a large bowl; add spinach, almonds and strawberries.
- Combine the vinegar, honey and sugar in a jar (with a tight-fitting lid); mix it well.
- Now top the prepared mixture on sliced fruits and nuts.
- Enjoy it immediately.
Cranberry Spinach Salad
- 6 oz fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Cranberries (dried)
- 1/3 cup Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- In a medium bowl, add spinach, pecans and cranberries.
- Take a jar (with a tight-fitting lid) and add all the ingredients; shake it well.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the content in bowl.
- Serve it immediately.
Christmas Broccoli Salad
- 4 1/2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 cups Sweet Red Pepper (chopped)
- 10 Bacon Strips (cooked & crumbled)
- 1/3 cup Green Onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cider or Red Wine Vinegar
- Take a large bowl; add broccoli florets, red wine vinegar, bacon strips, green onions and pecans.
- In a small bowl add mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper; combine it until smooth.
- Spoon it over broccoli mixture and store it in refrigerator.
- Enjoy it chilled
Tart Cherry Salad
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Tart Red Cherries
- 8 oz cans Pineapple (crushed)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 oz Cherry Gelatin
- 3 cups Ginger Ale
- 3/4 cup Coconut (flaked)
- 1 cup Nuts (chopped)
- Reserve juices and drain pineapple and cherries.
- Keep the fruits aside.
- Pour water into a saucepan.
- Now add sugar and boil it for about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and add gelatin until it dissolves.
- Toss pineapple, cherries and ginger ale to the boiled content.
- Allow it to chill; top it with coconut and nuts.
- Refrigerate it for about 3 hours.
- Enjoy it chilled.
Rosy Red Christmas Apples
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Red Liquid Food Coloring
- 16 medium Apples (peeled & cored)
- 8 oz package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Sugar
- Take a large saucepan and boil water, sugar and food coloring.
- Add four apples and boil until crisp-tender; frequently turn apples over.
- Set it aside and allow it to cool.
- Repeat the same method for remaining apples.
- Take a small bowl; add cream cheese, mayonnaise and pecans; stir it well.
- Stuff the prepared mixture into center of apples.
- Refrigerate it and enjoy it chilled.