Add a refreshing candy to your Christmas meal with delicious and juicy peppermint fudge! Make your Christmas holidays memorable by introducing your near and dear ones to a sweet-cum-pepping dessert. You can even serve this candy as snacks or accompaniments for kids and youngsters. Prepared with lots of cream and peppermint candies, this fudge will urge you to pick up a handful of them and carry them along with you back home. You can even prepare simple creamy fudge and top it up with oodles of pieces of crushed peppermint. Finding it hard to resist? Worry not. Here's the recipe for making juicy, scrumptious, and enticing peppermint fudge.
One of the most unique fudge ideas, peppermint fudge recipe is best of the Christmas fudges that would leave your guests feeling refreshed.
- 1 ½ cups - Crushed Peppermint Candies
- 1 cup - Marshmallow Creme
- 4 cups - Sugar
- 1 cup - Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup - Light Corn Syrup
- 6 tbsp - Butter
- 2 tbsp - Honey
- ½ tsp - Salt
- In a medium saucepan, mix 1 cup crushed peppermint candies and marshmallow.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Butter the sides of a large heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar, milk, corn syrup, butter, honey and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook syrup until it reaches soft ball stage: 234°F to 240°F.
- To test, drop a small amount of fudge in ice water.
- Syrup should easily form a ball in the water, but flatten out when held in your hand.
- Stir in marshmallow mixture.
- Fill your kitchen sink with 2 inches of cold water.
- Place saucepan in the sink and cool to approximately 120°F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat fudge until thickened and no longer glossy.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies.
- Pour into a buttered 8 x 11 inch baking pan.
- Cool completely and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 60 pieces.