The holy festival of Christmas is celebrated throughout the world with immense extravagance and magnificence by the entire Christian community. The festival, celebrated on 25th December, commemorates the birth anniversary of Jesus Christ, the key figure of Christianity. Hence, the occasion is marked with lavish and grand celebrations that include preparing a sumptuous and luxurious meal. This consists of assorted delicacies right form appetizers to snacks to dinner meals to drinks to desserts. Talking of desserts, cakes and pastries are the most common dishes prepared. Though you have prepared your favorite traditional Christmas pound cake, add a touch of contemporary outlook with pistachio ribbon bars. They will surely complete and compliment your luxurious Christmas meal. Go through the following text for pistachio ribbon bars recipe.
The mouth-watering recipes for Pistachio Ribbon Bars and Holiday Cookies are always in demand. Here is one for you.
Pistachio Ribbon Bars
- ½ lb - Unsalted Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 1 cup - Granulated Sugar
- 1 - Large Egg
- 2 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup - Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- 2/3 cup - Salted Pistachios (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread one-half of dough into 9 inch square pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread jam to within ½ inch of edge.
- Add pistachios to remaining dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let it cool.
- Cut into squares.
- Makes about 36 pieces.