True spirit of Christmas lies in celebrating the birth of Christ with full gusto and zeal. Christmas without great food is incomplete. Great food not only translate to the main course but you need to take care of all the courses. More often than not, we pay our full attention to the main course and neglect other courses especially the appetizers. What we don't know is that appetizers are the best way to stimulate the taste buds to start up with for a great feast ahead. Going with traditional favorites with some little twists that shall make your Christmas appetizers memorable and make your party set forth by itself. Serving delicious appetizers is necessary to make your party a great success. Good appetizers are a great way for people to start off with a conversation too. It is so much fun to eat and relish and to cook it as well. Isn't Christmas all about giving and receiving? Here is a chance to you to give yourself and others a big treat in a small way. Make merry this Christmas with some mouth watering and truly tasty finger food which would find you finger licking. Have a truly elating and bountiful Christmas and stock up your finger food recipes while you are at it. Here are some of the most innovative and yet traditional finger food recipes to spice up your Christmas party.
Christmas Finger Food Recipes
Your search for new and original ideas for a perfect finger food recipe ends here. Read on to know finger food recipes for Christmas.
Finger Food Recipes For Christmas
- 2 ripe Avocados (halved, stones removed, peeled)
- 1 small red Birdseye Chilly (halved, deseeded, finely chopped)
- ripe tomato, quartered, deseeded, finely chopped -1
- 1tbsp coarsely chopped fresh Coriander
- 1tbsp Taco seasoning
- 2 tsp fresh Lime Juice
- 300g Sour Cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Corn Chips, to serve
- In a bowl take the avocados and mash it using a fork to a fine paste. Add the limejuice and chilly to the avocado paste. Season with salt and pepper as per the taste. Pour the avocado mixture into 2 small serving bowls and smooth the surface.
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning in a bowl. Spread a thick layer over the avocado mixture. Cover it and refrigerate it for about 2 hrs for setting
- Combine the tomato and coriander. Season it with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the tomato mixture over the sour cream mixture to cover. Serve immediately with corn chips.
Mini Prawn Cocktail
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 4-5 drops Tabasco pepper sauce
- 2 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 125g (1/2 cup)good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper as required
- 24 dried small butter lettuce leaves
- 1.2kg medium cooked prawns (peeled leaving tails intact, deveined)
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbs of the chives, and Tabasco sauce. Season with salt and pepper as per the taste.
- Pour half the mayonnaise mixture among lettuce leaves. Arrange the prawns on top and drizzle with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining chives. Our mini prawn cocktail is ready to serve.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 1cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup whipped Cream Cheese
- 8 oz puff Marshmallow
- 1/2cup crushed Graham Cracker
- Cut the strawberries from centre and spread it on a paper towel so that the moisture is absorbed.
- Mix whipped cream cheese and puff marshmallow together in a bowl.
- Put strawberries into the mixture and dip into crushed graham crackers.
- Use extra filling and graham crackers as garnish.