Christmas is the best holiday season of the year. Christmas is celebration of the Jesus Christ birth and it is the most extensively celebrated feast. The word Christmas comes from the Greek word ‘Cristes maesse' or ‘Christ's Mass'. Popular customs include exchanging gifts, decorating Christmas trees, attending church and sharing meals with family and friends and of course, waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. Santa Claus and Christmas tree are very famous in Christmas feast. Santa is known as jolly, whitebeard man seen in red suite and enters the home with gifts for kids. Santa always adds magical touch to the whole celebration. By the touch of Christmas on this earth the joy and jubilance is witnessed everywhere. ‘From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.' Food is the substantial segment of Christmas. It is festive and party season that means time to have some varicolored, appetizing food. Preparing food for your family and friends is especially fun way to celebrate the Christmas. And starting your Christmas day with great yummy food for the breakfast makes the day sparkle. The menu for breakfast is very large, it may include casserole, French toast, pumpkin bread, cream bread, kulkuls, crepes and the list goes on. Here are few breakfast recipes for your wonderful Christmas morning.
Easy Christmas Breakfast Recipes
Check out the following recipes for your Christmas morning breakfast.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
A Christmas breakfast can be simple or extravagant as per your family's desire. These easy to make breakfast recipes make perfect meal for your Christmas.
Christmas Breakfast Recipes
- 8 Bread slices
- Peanut butter
- Jelly or jam
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter or margarine
- Spread peanut butter on four slices of bread; spread jelly on other four slices of bread. Put together to form sandwiches.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk and salt, mix it properly.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, place in skillet and heat both sides.
Christmas Rosemary Cream Cheese Eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 springs fresh rosemary, snipped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, cut into small cubes
- Beat eggs and cream together place in skillet with bacon and rosemary
- Stir up until slightly runny
- Add cream cheese cook till creamy and soft
- 1/2 cup chopped delicious apple
- 1/3 cup of apple juice
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Smash ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- Mix chopped apples, juice, water, and seasonings in the pan
- Bring to boil
- Stir in rolled oats and cook for 1 minute
- Cover and let stand several minutes before serving
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 pack of vanilla instant pudding
- Prepare vanilla pudding, following directions on package.
- Refrigerate pudding for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Beat batter until smooth.
- In a skillet pour about ¼ cup of the batter.
- Pick up pan and rotate until the batter covers bottom.
- Cook until crepe is light brown.
- Remove the crepe and put wax paper between each one to keep them from sticking.
- Cover and keep warm in oven.
- Makes about 16 crepes.
- While serving, place crepe out on plate.
- Place 2 tablespoons of pudding on crepe and roll in up.
- Now place a bit of cherry filling on top.