Delicious, mouth-watering, and irresistible, gingerbread cookies make a perfect dessert recipe. While you have been purchasing gingerbread cookies from high-end bakeries and stores, how about making your own cookies at home? Filled and enriched with different spices, they make an ideal winter snack to gorge on anytime you feel a craving for cookies. Instead of giving your gingerbread cookies a constant size, you can use cookie cutters in various shapes and sizes to give you gingerbread a diverse look. Children will love to adore different-sized gingerbread men and would not mind picking up an extra one. And do not stop them from doing so. After all, they are loaded with the goodness of spices that will keep them warm and healthy during the season. Read on for gingerbread cookies recipe.
This recipe for gingerbread cookies is great for these Christmas holidays. The recipes for cookies-in-a-jar are much in demand as they have longer shelf lives.
Gingerbread Cookies in a Jar
- 3 ½ cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 2 tsp - Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp - Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp - Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp - Ground Allspice
- 1 cup - Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 - Gingerbread Boy-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- ½ cup - Softened Butter
- ¾ cup - Molasses
- 1 or 2 - Eggs
- Use a clean 1-quart jar and press each layer down firmly.
- Put in half of the flour along with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the spices and the remaining flour.
- Add the brown sugar last.
- Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar to be used, whenever wanted.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in butter, molasses and eggs.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough to ¼ inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place cookies on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Decorate with icing.