"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" This is how Charles Dickens quoted Christmas. Christmas is celebrated in different ways around the world. Generally Christmas is a time for Santa, singing carolers, Christmas tree, stars and a time for family get together and holiday meal. Previously the festival period had been called Yule, a native word for the midwinter season and the name Christmas appeared only in 1038 AD. Christmas feast is rewarded by a shower of good foods. Earlier Christmas trees were left decorated with food until New Year's Day and they are shaken briskly to shower food on the gang of children. During Christmas in some places; ginger bread, roasted turkey, chicken and various other foods where made and sold to the people at favorable price. Food being the substantial sector of Christmas feast, here are some chicken recipes to help you add more food to menu.
Easy Christmas Chicken Recipes
It's Christmas feast and how can it be complete without chicken in your menu. Here are some recipes for your awesome meal.
Chicken And Potatoes
Want to enjoy your Christmas with fabulous meal? This Christmas, try some delicious chicken and to help out, here are few easy Christmas chicken recipes.
Christmas Chicken Recipes
- 400gm Chicken cubed
- 300gm Cubed potatoes
- 2 Onions(medium sized)
- 8 Gloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Basil
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 3 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium sized vessel, roast potatoes until golden brown and set aside.
- Using the same vessel, fry onions for 1min.
- Add garlic, basin, chicken, ground pepper, oyster sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add in roasted potatoes and simmer until chicken and potatoes are well cooked.
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 chicken breast halves (Boneless and skinless)
- Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 ¾ cup Spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- Using palm flatten chicken to even thickness.
- Dip chicken into egg and crumbs to coat.
- In skillet over medium heat, in hot margarine, brown chicken on both sides.
- Add sauce and reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1(1 oz) Packet Dry onion soup mix (1 oz)
- 1(10.75 oz) can Condensed cream milk
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup White rice (uncooked)
- 4 Chicken breasts halves(boneless and skinless)
- Prepare oven by preheating it to 350 deg F (175 deg C)
- Take a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and spread rice evenly at the bottom.
- Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry and arrange on top of the layer of rice.
- Mix condensed cream of chicken soup with water and pour over chicken and rice
- sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over this
- Cover the baking dish with foil
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1½ hours
- 450 gm Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Pizza frozen dough
- 4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 2 cups Purple Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup Red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic to the skillet and heat it for few minutes.
- Add onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and thyme.
- Sauté for few minutes into the chicken mixture, until chicken is cooked. Keep it aside.
- Unroll pizza dough and pat into a pizza pan coated with cooking vegetable spray.
- Splatter half cup cheese evenly over the dough.
- Spread chicken mixture over the cheese and add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on the top.
- Bake at 425 degree F for 15 minutes or until crust is golden.