Christmas is on the way! Preparations are in full swing. You have decorated your home with all sorts of garlands, lights, and ornaments. Your Christmas is all decked up with assorted knickknacks and trinkets. Your clothes are done and you are now heading to the kitchen to prepare a grand and sumptuous Christmas meal. The menu is done. Snacks, appetizers, drinks, alcohols, cookies, and candies. Add a black walnut Christmas cake to your menu to liven up your Christmas celebrations. While you must have heard of a delicious walnut cake, how about trying your hands on a moist and succulent black walnut cake? Interesting and tempting! Steer through the recipe given herein and let everyone have a different and tasty Christmas this time.
One of the nutty cake recipes for traditional walnut cakes is presented here. This Black Walnut Christmas Cake Recipe is not hard to master.
Black Walnut Christmas Cake
- ½ cup - Butter
- 4 - Eggs (separated)
- 2 cup - Flour (sifted)
- ¾ tsp - Salt
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 2 tsp - Baking powder
- ½ cup - Milk
- 1 cup - Black walnuts (finely chopped)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks all at once.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Set aside 1 cup of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and the milk in small portions, alternately, mixing well with each addition, starting and ending with an addition of the dry ingredients.
- Mix together, the reserved flour and the nuts, and stir into the batter, mixing just until blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold them into the batter.
- Bake in a 9"x5" greased and floured loaf pan or 3 quart mold at 350 oF for about one hour.
- Frost with your favorite icing.