While everyone is busy in preparing bright and attractive cakes and desserts for Christmas, you can opt for diverting your route towards a simple yet elegant white Christmas tree. Though the very thought of it may sound plain and bland, but with the right kind of decoration and garnishing, you can turn it into a lovely grand dessert only to leave the guests spellbound. Use different innovative ideas to dress up your cake, such as coconut flakes, chopped pecans, white chocolate shavings, and others. A must-try cake if you wish to keep your Christmas celebrations simple yet wonderful! Go through this recipe and learn how to make delicious and tempting white Christmas cake.
One of the traditional Christmas Cakes that are hot favorite with moms and grandmas, White Christmas Cake recipe is always loved by everyone.
White Christmas Cake
- ½ cup - Water
- 4 oz - White Confectionery Coating
- 1 cup - Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 2 cup - Sugar
- 4 - Eggs (separated)
- 1 tbsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ cup - All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 cup - Buttermilk
- 1 cup - Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup - Chopped Pecans
- 8 oz - Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup - Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb - Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tbsp - Milk
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in confectionery coating until melted.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Beat in coating and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peak forms.
- Fold into the batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in square baking pans.
- Bake at 350 oF for about half an hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix Combine frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Frost top and side of cake.