"Sing hey! Sing hey! For Christmas Day, Twine mistletoe and holly. For a friendship glows, In winter snows, And so let's all be jolly". Christmas is a day filled with a splash of humor and a touch of music--to make it all worthwhile! It is one of the most popular festivals celebrated throughout the world. The alluring celebration begins with lovely Christmas trees with all decorations, cakes, and wines. Any special occasion is always followed by party food and inviting guests. Don't you think it adds up an opportunity to showcase your culinary talents and prepare some yummy snacks for the day? The day is considered more special when you share the food prepared by you with your family and friends. So why not prepare delicious snacks for Christmas that are not only yummy to eat but also a lot fun to make.
Easy Christmas Snack Recipes
Carrot Dipping Sauce
Heighten the enchantment of the season by having magical wands for a yummy snack. Here are few simple ideas to prepare easy and simple Christmas snack recipes.
Christmas Snack Recipes
- 4 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 small Red Chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Take a blender, mix limejuice, sugar, chilies, fish sauce, and garlic.
- Now cover the mixture and store it in the fridge.
- Garnish it with carrot and coriander leaves before serving.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
- 270 g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 230 g Butter (softened)
- 200 g White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 g Pumpkin (puree)
- 100 g Pecans
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Keep the pecans on a baking sheet and bake it for about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and then coarsely chop.
- Now set it aside.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 190 degree C and grease the pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt; set it aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar; mix egg and vanilla extract and beat the mixture.
- Now add pumpkin puree and beat the mixture again.
- Toss in chopped pecans.
- Spoon the prepared batter into the pan and bake it for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into bars.
- Serve it immediately.
Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- 230 g Cream Cheese
- 400 ml Condensed Milk
- 60 ml Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 400 ml Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 200 g Flour
- 120 g Rolled Oats
- 150 g Brown Sugar
- 230 g Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C and grease the baking pan.
- Add flour, oats, butter and sugar. Mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- Preserve 300 g of mixture and keep it aside for later use.
- Now bake until they turn lightly brown.
- Beat the cream cheese until its light.
- Mix condensed milk and lemon juice; stir it well.
- Take another bowl; add cranberry sauce (with brown sugar) and cornstarch; combine it well.
- Spoon mixture of cream cheese layer and sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on the top.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes; until it turns golden brown.
- Allow it to cool and cut it into small pieces.
- Store it in refrigerate and serve it chilled.
- 230 g Butter (unsalted)
- 1 Orange (grated zest)
- 4 tbsp Brandy
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add brandy and zest and mix well.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 500 g White Chocolate (for cooking)
- 500 g Salted Nuts
- 500 g Crispy Rice Cereal
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate.
- Toss in nuts and cereals and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture onto waxed paper.
- Store it in refrigerate.
- Serve it chilled.