The aroma of cookies in the air, singing of Christmas carols, the decorated Christmas tree defines the ‘real' spirit of Christmas Season. The season calls for full swing celebrations for the people belonging to all faiths. It is the time of the year when all your family and friends come together to celebrate the holidays. When partying becomes the norm of the day, you need to plan in advance to make sure all the courses of the meal fall in place. And when the guests are invited for festive meals it is always good to start with an appetizer course. A good choice suggested would be soups because they are not only appetizing and easy to prepare but they also double the appetite. And nothing would warm the soul on a chilled and blustery day like a steaming and yummy bowl of soup. It would hardly consume much time for the preparation. Read on to know some quick and easy Christmas soup recipe.
Quick And Easy Christmas Soup Recipes
Acorn Squash Soup
Did you know that soups are one of the best appetizers? Read on for more delicious Christmas soup recipes.
Christmas Soup Recipes
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seed (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Roast acorn squash in an oven for 30 minutes.
- Now remove the skin and seeds.
- Blend the pulp in a food processor.
- Take a large kettle and melt butter.
- Fry chopped onions till they turn brown in color.
- Sprinkle flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and stir it until it turns smooth.
- Transfer the pureed squash, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and cream to a large bowl.
- Garnish the content with toasted pumpkin seed.
- Serve it immediately.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 small Onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 cans Chicken Broth (reduced-sodium)
- 16 oz Frozen Cut Broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Take a large saucepan and heat broth to boiling.
- Mix broccoli, garlic, and onion and boil it again.
- Simmer it for 5-7 minutes; until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and set it aside.
- Puree half of vegetable-broth mixture until you get the desired consistency.
- Take a medium bowl and add dry milk, water, and flour; stir it well.
- Season it with ground black pepper and salt.
- Add cheese and heat the content.
- Stir it frequently until the cheese is melted.
- Add additional cheese if desired before serving.
Creamy Apple Curry Soup
- 5 Apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 3 cups warm Water
- 1 tbsp Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon
- 3/4 cup Milk Cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground White Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Over medium heat melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and fry it until it turns golden in color.
- Stir it occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix curry powder and flour; cook for a minute.
- Toss apples, bouillon, and water and boil it for 5-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring it occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture into a blender and puree it until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to saucepan and stir in milk cream and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat; mixing it occasionally.
- Pour the cooked content into small bowls and enjoy it hot.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 14.5 oz Chicken Broth
- 29 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 sliced Leek (white part only)
- 1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (whipped)
- Take a saucepan and heat oil over medium heat.
- Mix leek, onion and curry powder; cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add chicken broth and pumpkin puree.
- Reduce the heat and cook the content for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a blender, add prepared pumpkin mixture and butter; blend it well.
- Spoon the mixture to the saucepan and boil it over medium heat.
- Add milk and sugar; cook for 3-5 minutes approximately.
- Season it with black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- For better taste, garnish it with glazed pumpkin seeds whipped cream and chervil leaves.
- Serve it immediately.