Christmas is the biggest feast rejoiced all over the world. It is one of the popular festivals celebrated with loads of zeal and enthusiasm. Delicious food, family, friends, neighbors, and tall glasses of wine - all this is a part of the season. The occasion calls everybody for parties, decorations, and merry making. The day is meant for people to gather with family and friends to enjoy the festive meal and celebrate the birth of Christ. Wines play a vital role in boosting the party mood. Wines always complement the holiday meal. Christmas feast is incomplete without a glass of wine. The amazing taste of mouthwatering ham, turkey, goose, or prime rib doubles up with a sip of wine. Whatever be the menu, wines add special flavor when served along with dinner or after dinner as a complement for your holiday. Here are few lip smacking wine recipes, which will add a bit more cheer to your Christmas celebrations!
Quick And Easy Christmas Wine Recipes
Fruity Mulled Wine
What is better than a glass of wine to kick-start the party? Here are few quick and easy to prepare wine recipes for the season.
Christmas Wine Recipes
- 5 tbsp Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (roughly grated)
- 1 Apple (roughly chopped)
- 1 Red Wine
- 250 ml Water
- 1 Orange (zest & juice)
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 2 stick Cinnamon
- Take a large saucepan, heat the ingredients (except the red wine).
- Boil it for 5-8 minutes approximately.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour red wine and boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Now strain the content and enjoy it hot.
Summer Christmas Trifle
- 50 g Almond Nibs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 125 g Sugar
- 150 ml Semi-Sweet Wine
- 30 ml Brandy
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- 300 ml Cream
- 1 large Jam Swiss Roll
- 75 ml Sherry (medium or sweet)
- 6 Kiwi (peeled & sliced)
- 100 g Boudoir Biscuits (broken)
- ½ cup Whipped Cream
- 3-4 Nuts (chopped)
- ½ Kiwi Fruit (sliced)
- Take a large glass bowl and arrange the sliced Swiss roll.
- Moisten it with sherry.
- Keep the sliced kiwi fruit on the top with the broken boudoir biscuits.
- Add egg whites, almonds, and sugar; stir in until the content is stiff.
- Mix brandy, lemon juice, wine and slowly fold into the meringue.
- Whip and slowly fold into the meringue mixture.
- Spoon it on the Swiss roll and fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- Garnish it with nuts, cream, and fruits before serving.
- Enjoy it chilled.
Hot Spiced Christmas Wine
- 1 piece Ginger (peeled & thinly sliced)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Oranges
- 2 bottles Red Wine
- 1 bottle White Wine
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brandy (optional)
- Juice the oranges into a large bottomed pot.
- Add red and white wine into the pot.
- Put cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange zest, and sugar.
- Stir it well until sugar cubes dissolve.
- Heat it covered for an hour to bring all the flavors together.
- Strain the prepared content and enjoy it hot with a splash of brandy (if desired).
- 1 Pineapple (peeled & sliced)
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1 Egg white (beaten)
- 1/2″ piece Dry Ginger
- 3 Cloves
- 1″ piece Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- Take a cup of warm water and mix yeast; set it aside.
- Add all the ingredients into a large jar.
- Now mix the prepared yeast and cover it tightly with a cloth,
- Store it in a dark place for about 10 days.
- Using a muslin cloth strain the mixture.
- Add wine into the preserved jar and again tightly close it with cork till it is used.
- Enjoy it on the occasion.