If you are planning to prepare a lavish and extravagant traditional meal for this Christmas, then you have beautiful and delicious cathedral window cookies to serve as desserts. Since the desserts are served at the end, they deserve to be the best amongst the entire delicacies served right from the appetizers to drinks to the main course dishes. So, to wind up your grand traditional Christmas meal, you have a perfect reason to prepare colorful and tempting cathedral windows that are nothing but a concoction of chocolate chips, walnuts, and plenty of multicolored marshmallows. Master the method of making these cookies and let your guests have a gorgeous and magnificent dessert on Christmas. Read on.
One of the best Christmas Cookie ideas, these unique and special Christmas cookies will attract everybody's attention. The recipe for this cookie is not very difficult.
- ¼ lb - Margarine
- 12 oz - Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup - Chopped Walnuts
- 12 oz - Colored Mini Marshmallows
- 7 oz - Grated Coconut
- Heat margarine and chocolate chips in the top pan of a double boiler over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Put marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Tear five 9-inch sheets of waxed paper and sprinkle each generously with coconut.
- Divide dough into fifths and place each fifth on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll tightly into 2-inch diameter logs and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, unwrap from waxed paper and cut into 1/2" slices.
- Makes about 60 pieces.