What is a Christmas without a Christmas tree? Surely bland and less enjoying! Just as a Christmas tree is essential for festive celebrations, why not add this special symbol in your Christmas meal as well? Yes, a Christmas tree cake. Confused? Don't worry. A Christmas tree cake will only add a touch of tradition and custom to your celebrations. Further, your family and friends will definitely love to admire the cake capturing it in their digital camcorders. Not to forget, they wouldn't mind hogging on to it without any formalities. Wishing to learn how to make such a yummy and lip-smacking cake at home? Navigate through the following recipe and turn your Christmas celebrations into a grand fare.
A recipe for a Christmas Tree Cake is one of the unique Christmas cakes ideas, tailor-made for the holiday season.
Christmas Tree Cake
- 1 pkg - Cake Mix (any flavor)
- 5 cup - Confectioners' Sugar
- ¾ cup - Crisco Shortening
- ½ cup - Water
- 1/3 cup - Non-dairy Creamer
- 2 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp - Salt
- 1 tbsp - Green Food Coloring
- Peppermint Candies
- Pretzel Rods
- Large Gumdrops
- Preheat the oven to 350 oF.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake following package directions.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, shortening, water, non-dairy creamer, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add more confectioners' sugar to thicken or more water to thin as needed.
- Reserve 1 cup frosting.
- Tint remaining frosting with green food coloring.
- Cut cooled cake diagonally and invert one piece so that the cake takes on a tree shape with a wide base.
- Spread green frosting over cake.
- Decorate tree with reserved white frosting and peppermint candies.
- Make trunk from pretzel rods.
- Roll out large gumdrop and cut with star cookie cutter.
- Top tree with gumdrop star.
- Decorate with colored mint candies, as ornament decorations.
- Use reserved white icing to make a tree garland.