Yummy is the word that first strikes the mind when you think of almonds, butter, and cake! When it's Christmas, your mouth is bound to water yearning for finger-licking and scrumptious cakes and other desserts. A time to celebrate and remember Jesus Christ, people indulge in making the best of foods they can find in books and on the internet. While you are busy making appetizers, snacks, main course meals, and desserts for your family, why not include a delicious and mouth-watering cake to complete your Christmas menu. Let your family, friends, and guests dig into flavorsome and appetizing Christmas cake, rich with almonds and the goodness of butter. Follow the recipe given in the following lines and have a delightful Christmas meal.
This recipe can be used to prepare one of the best almond cakes for Christmas. Recipes for cakes can be simple too.
Almond Butter Christmas Cake
- 3 cup - Cake Flour (sifted)
- 3 tsp - Baking Powder
- ½ tsp - Salt
- ¾ cup - Butter or shortening
- 1 ½ cup - Sugar
- 3 - Eggs
- ½ cup - Almonds (finely chopped)
- ½ cup - Raisins (finely cut)
- 1 cup - Milk
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- Lemon Butter Frosting
- Things to decorate with
- Sift flour once.
- Add baking powder and salt to it and sift together thrice.
- Cream butter thoroughly while adding sugar gradually until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly.
- Add nuts and raisins and beat well.
- Add flour, alternately with small amount of milk, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake in two greased 9-inch layer pans at 375 oF for 25 minutes.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Decorate top of cake with wreath of holly, maraschino cherries or red cinnamon candies can be used as berries and slices of angelica or citron can be used as leaves and stems.
- Alternatively, decorate with poinsettias made of candied cherries. Slice cherries in rings, cut rings in half, and arrange to form petals of poinsettias.