Christmas carols singing has long been a common and popular tradition in many countries since the 4th century AD. Many Latin hymns that were sung in ancient Rome are still sung in some of the churches. Over the following centuries, the tradition of singing these Christmas hymns spread to North European monasteries, and later to other parts of France, Germany and Italy and eventually all over the world. But as of today, only a handful would have drawn a carol. Confused? It's the game called Draw the Carol that makes it possible. The game works within the framework of another popular game called Pictionary, in which the team representative has to draw symbols on a white board, which will have to be decoded by the other team members. The team members have to guess the word given to the representative by the opposite team. Only this time, you'll be symbolizing to convey the lyrics of the carol, and if guessed right, the same carol will have to be sung by all the members of that team. Fun isn't it? Continue reading to know the rules of the game and things that will be required.
Draw The Carol
This musical Christmas Party Game is related to carol singing and is best played amongst friends.
Draw The Carol
- Sketch Board
- Make chits of Christmas Carols that can be chosen according to the level of difficulty that you choose.
How To Play:
- Group your guests into two or more teams.
- One person is designated as the Game Master and manages the game.
- A representative of the first team is sent to the Game Master to choose a chit.
- Only the Game Master and that person see the chit and it is then thrown away.
- Now this representative tries to make his/her team understand which carol he/she has chosen by drawing symbols on the paper.
- As soon as the team guesses the carol, they sing its first stanza.
- The game continues with the next team and so on.
- Each team gets 2 minutes to guess the right carol.
- The team that guesses the first five carols wins the game.