Christmas festival is the time of togetherness, celebration, and fun. During this time, people love to decorate their homes with different ornaments. And nothing creates the perfect atmosphere for festive spirit than charming wooden Christmas decorations. Wooden Christmas ornaments have been popular for many generations, you won't be able to find a more timeless, and lasting type of tree ornaments than all natural wood. Adding ornaments to centerpieces and table decorations is another fashionable practice. They can be hung from any place; door handles, light pulls, in doorways and under archways, to name a few. Wooden Christmas ornaments display unique work of skilled craftsmanship. The ornaments can last for years to come. However, the main intention remains in conveying the message of the season's significance. Few ideas for wooden Christmas ornaments are listed below.
Ideas For Wooden Christmas Ornaments
Christmas wooden ornaments are good in representing the festive mood and tradition. They can be preserved for years and can be passed to next generation.
Wooden Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas bells tell about the birth of Jesus and are a big part of the Christmas celebration. Bells made from wood make great decorations and can be painted with colors so that it can be maintained for years. You can use them to Decorate Christmas tree, for hanging down and can also be used in centerpieces.
- A hand-carved nativity scene can be made from wood purchased from market or else can use tree pieces found by a walk through the woods. You carve the image of the Jesus, Mary, and Joseph along with shepherds waiting to see Jesus. At the end, add color with acrylic paints to give the perfect touch.
- Christmas ornaments for the family make great gifts and can be hung on the tree each year. Ornaments can be carved in Christmas-themed shapes.
- Yard decorations for Christmas are easy to make. Christmas yard ornaments come in all styles and materials, but wooden ornaments have a versatility of their own. They are easy to dismantle and can store flat throughout the off season, saving space and time. You can use large pieces of cheap plywood to draw images of Santa, a snowman, a reindeer or any other Christmas character, then cut them out with a saw and paint them. Use stain to make your decorations resistant to weather and paint it, then attach wooden stakes to the back of them and plant them all over your yard.
- Make wooden model of Santa Claus, the Snowman, and reindeer. You can add a wooden box packed with Christmas gifts.
- Christmas Woodwork ornaments also make for excellent Christmas gift items for children and others. There could be one or more in a set, which you can gift to friends and relatives as well. These gifts are very precious as it involves your creativity and skill and most importantly, they can be preserved for years. In fact, these woodwork ornaments for Christmas are quite easy to make at home, however, you will have to learn the art of making it. These ornaments look stunning and beautiful when hung from bright colored strings.
- You can craft a variety of woodwork designs to decorate the Christmas tree. These ornaments can be made within hours at home. You can design stockings, fruits, or gift boxes with the help of a chisel from hardwood. Later, you can color and laminate these ornaments for further use.