One Christmas tradition which has lived on for centuries is decorating the home with various ornaments and by putting up a Christmas tree. Christmas decorations can have a range of hues and shades. You may want to go along with a theme or have a mix of all the different ideas. You may choose from a colorful Santa theme, candy and cookie theme, rustic countryside theme, etc. If you have kids at home then it is a splendid opportunity for them to learn some art and craft and get their imagination up and running. You can sit with them spend some priceless moments making Christmas ornaments together. Decorating your house with homemade Christmas ornaments gives you a satisfaction which is hard to match by buying decorations from the market. You can use any old stuff you thought was junk and create beautiful Christmas curios out of them. Explore the various ornaments given below with the methodology to make them at home and have a magnificent homemade Christmas decor.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Crafts
Drip Ball Ornament
Making Christmas ornaments for decorations at home is almost a tradition. Read this article to make some easy Christmas ornaments for your home.
Easy Christmas Ornaments
- Glass Ball Ornaments
- Ribbon for Hangers
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Empty Egg Carton
- Clear Glaze Spray for Glass
- Take off the hanger top from each glass ball ornament and keep aside.
- Turn the egg carton upside down and use it as a holder by positioning ball ornaments in the middle of four egg cups.
- Take some paint in a palette and mix with water till it begins to trickle off the paintbrush.
- Now, dip paintbrush into palette and pick up a generous amount of watered down paint. Bring paintbrush to the top of the ornament and put drops of paint onto the ornament till the paint begins to drip down the sides. Repeat this technique around the ornament, mixing colors as well. Once you have finished, allow the ornaments to dry completely.
- When the ornaments are dry, replace the hanger tops and tie ribbon in position on top.
- Hang ornaments on a rod, and then in an airy place, spray with clear glaze spray. Let the ornaments dry completely.
Jute And Jingle Bell Decoration
- Jingle Bells in different sizes and colors
- 18 inch of Jute Twine (cut into 3 equal pieces)
- 12 inch of Jute Twine (in addition to above)
- 6 inch Red Ribbon
- Tie the three equal pieces of jute twine together with a knot at one end. Strand some jingle bells onto each one of the strings. Tie a knot after every two or three bells you strand to keep them from sliding down. Add only as many as the strings can hold without getting too heavy.
- Tie a knot at the end of each string and trim the overhanging string.
- Tie the 12 inch piece of jute at the middle in a knot around the top of your ornament and then into a large double knotted bow with the overhanging ends of the string, similar to tying shoe-laces.
- Take the piece of red ribbon and tie around the bottom of the jute bow. Tie the other end of ribbon together to create hanger.
Yarn Candy Cane
- 2 skeins of DMC Pearl Cotton (one red and one white)
- Red Pipe Cleaners
- Open a skein of cotton and cut the loop at each end so you have two bunches; similarly cut the other skein. Now take one red bunch and one white bunch and tie them together into a single knot around one end of a pipe cleaner.
- To make the stripes, coil the two colors around the pipe cleaner in an alternating pattern and knot the ends together around the other end. Trim the extra cotton at both ends and the pipe cleaner if needed.
- Bend the pipe cleaner into a candy cane shape and decorate by tying the ribbon into a bow shape.
Retro Ringed Ornaments
- Cardboard Tubes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Thread or string
- Hole Punch
- Flatten out a 7 1/2-inch length of cardboard tube. Mark and cut ten 3/4-inch-wide rings.
- On each flattened ring, mark points 3/4 inches inside from the folded edge. Make holes at the marked points using a hole punch.
- Thread one hole of each ring onto a pipe cleaner and bend the pipe to form a circle. For the outer circle, twist and join two pipe cleaners together to make a piece which is twice the length. Now strand it through the outer holes of the cardboard rings. Twist together the pipe ends of both inner and outer circles to form two concentric circles with the cardboard rings between them. You can hang this ornament with a string.