It is that time of the year when the festivities are in the air and you are drenched in the holiday spirit thinking about the preparations which are yet to be completed. You have put on Christmas tree lights, ornaments and all sorts of decorations on your tree. However, it still looks as if something is missing and you are not able to figure out exactly what it is. Don't worry, as we are here to help you out. What you are missing is the quintessential Christmas tree skirt. Christmas tree skirt decoration lends a complete look to the tree and even hides the tree stand. It is easy to buy a Christmas skirt but it is quite fun to prepare a homemade one. In the following lines, we have provided some great tips for putting on the Christmas tree skirt:
Christmas Tree Skirt Decoration
Christmas tree skirt decoration is intended to give a complete look to the tree. Check out some Christmas tree skirt tips.
Christmas Tree Skirt
- The length and breadth of the Christmas tree skirt should be large enough to cover the entire stand. However, it should not be wider than the width of the tree branches.
- The tree skirt should be kept out of the walking area of the people. In case the skirt is too wide, you can tuck the edges under the stand.
- In case you don't want to purchase a Christmas tree skirt, you can make one at home too. Take a fabric, cut it into the required size, decorate the edges with laces or trims and wrap it around the tree stand.
- The markets these days are full of skirts in lush fabrics, bright colors and even with shiny metallic threads. However, if you want the skirt to be just a background for other decorations, it is better to choose a simple fabric in a neutral color.
- The Christmas tree needs to be watered daily. Make sure that you drape the skirt in such a way that you may be able to easily lift it up to get to the water reservoir.
- To ensure that the Christmas tree skirt does not fall into the water reservoir of the tree stand, cover the reservoir with a sheet of plastic or foil.
- The first step will be placing the tree at the right place and then arranging the decorations and lights. Later, clean up the place and then put the tree skirt.
- There are a number of options available in the market. Hence, you can always go for the skirt which goes with the scheme of your decoration. You can also choose from a number of skirts which really do not go with the scheme but looks good when used under the tree.
- If you are good at embroidery then you can tell a story just by embroidering it on the skirt.