Christmas is just two days away and you still have a lot in queue. You need to pick your new dress from the store, buy some more gifts and confirm with the guests about their arrival. Among all these, one thing that did not receive the better of your attention or time is your Christmas tree. Though you have purchased the Christmas tree, its decoration is still not complete. Decorating the Christmas tree is perhaps the most important aspect of the holiday celebrations. It is when we start decorating the Christmas tree that we truly feel that Christmas has arrived. However, before actually decorating the tree, you should know how to keep your Christmas tree lush till Christmas is over. Numerous ornaments are available in the market, with which you can decorate your Christmas tree. From fancy lights to musical decor, anything and everything is easily available in the shops. Given below are some great tips for decorating the Christmas tree:
Christmas Tree Decoration Ideas
Decorating Christmas tree with amusing decor is one of the most exciting activities of Christmas. Find ideas/tips on Christmas tree decoration.
Christmas Tree Decoration
- The Christmas tree is the main part of Christmas decorations. Hence, you should try keeping it lush and green. You should keep the stump of the tree inside a water reservoir to keep it hydrated.
- While putting up the decorations keep in mind to put the lights first and then the garlands and ornaments at the end. This way, it will be convenient and you will also be able to hide the wires of the lights.
- The lights should be distributed uniformly throughout the tree, from top to bottom. But before you put on the lights, ensure that they are in a working condition.
- Keep in mind the theme of the party. If you are throwing a themed party, embellish your tree with the objects which go with the theme. Don’t be afraid to experiment while decorating your Christmas tree.
- Start decorating from inside and work gradually towards outside. This way, you can achieve better results.
- It is not necessary to use very expensive ornaments. Even simple things, like ribbons and candy, if used tastefully, can make your Christmas tree look very beautiful.
- Lit candles lend a very traditional as well as warm look to your home. However, make sure that the candles are kept at considerable distance from the Christmas tree, gifts and other inflammable items.
- Never ever use decorations that are fragile or have sharp edges, as these might end up hurting you or your toddlers.
- If the decorations have removable parts, place them out of the reach of children.
- Colorful balls give the Christmas tree a very beautiful look and are not too expensive. Other options include fairies and butterflies. They not only look nice, but also complement with the festive spirit.
- Artificial snowflakes can also be used for decorating the tree, especially when there is no snow on Christmas.
- Nothing beats the traditional stars as far as the decorating the Christmas tree is concerned. Yet another option would be placing miniature Santa Claus at strategic locations.