Here are quotes on Christmas spirit, quotations on Christmas festivity and wisdom sayings on what Christmas means.
Spirit of Christmas Quotes
Here is a collection of some good quotations and sayings on spirit of Christmas, whether it is about love of God or for fellow human beings, joy and cheer, good memories and festivity:
- A good conscience is a continual Christmas. - Benjamin Franklin
- And so this is Christmas for black and for white, for yellow and red, let's stop all the fight.
- At Christmas play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year. - Thomas Tusser, The Farmer's Daily Diet
- Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God. - George F. McDougall
- Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart... filled it, too, with a melody that would last forever. - Bess Streeter Aldrich
- Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It's lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It's higher thought and a greater plan. It's glorious dream in the soul of man. - Wilfred A. Peterson (The Art of Living)
- Christmas is the day that holds all time together. - Alexander Smith
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. - Norman Vincent Peale
- From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. - Emily Matthews
- It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. - W. T. Ellis
- Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit. - Frank McKinney Hubbard
- The earth has grown old with its burden of care But at Christmas it always is young, The heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair And its soul full of music breaks the air, When the song of angels is sung. - Phillips Brooks
- The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting. - Louisa May Alcott
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. - Agnes M. Pharo
- When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things-not the great occasions-give off the greatest glow of happiness. - Bob Hope
- You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world, which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.
- There's more, much more, to Christmas Than candlelight and cheer; It's the spirit of sweet friendship, That brightens all year. It's thoughtfulness and kindness, It's hope reborn again, For peace, for understanding, And for goodwill to men!"
- It came without ribbons, It came without tags, It came without packages, boxes, or bags. Christmas can't be bought from a store... Maybe Christmas means a little bit more. - Dr. Seuss
- Christmas, in its final essence, is for grown people who have forgotten what children know. Christmas is for whoever is old enough to have denied the unquenchable spirit of man. - Margaret Cousins