Christmas is a time to make merry and share love and affection with near and dear ones. The most significant festival celebrated by the Christian community, Christmas is observed on 25th December to commemorate the birthday of Jesus Christ. Since the occasion is essential to the entire community, the celebrations too are splendid and extravagant. And one of them is preparing a luxurious and grand Christmas feast for family and friends. To end your meal, you can include the famous Australian traditional Christmas pudding to your menu. Let your guests taste the flavors of Australia whilst relishing meals from other cuisines. Learn how to make this delicious and tempting dessert by steering through the lines below.
Here is an easy-to-make recipe of an traditional Christmas pudding, the popular Christmas dessert of Australia.
Australian Traditional Christmas Pudding
- ½ lb - Plain Flour
- ½ lb - Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb - Butter
- 1 lb - Brown Sugar
- 1 lb - Currants
- ½ lb - Raisins
- 1 lb - Sultanas
- ½ lb - Citron Peel
- 9 - Eggs
- 1 pinch - Salt
- ½ cup - Brandy
- ¼ lb - Almonds
- ½ tsp - Mixed Spice
- ½ tsp - Baking Soda
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Beat well and add brandy.
- Stir in all fruits and chopped blanched almonds.
- Add breadcrumbs, flour, soda and spices.
- Bake in greased pudding basin, leaving sufficient room for rising.
- The pudding can also be poured onto a piece of calico and tied securely with string.
- Steam for 6 hours.
- The pudding has a shelf life of about two to three months if wished.
- Makes about two very large puddings or 16 servings.
- For heating pudding when required, boil slowly for 2-3 hours.