Amongst all the cookies prepared in this world, chocolate chip cookies are the most admired and loved cookies by one and all. Not only kids, they are equally enjoyed and savored by youngsters and adults as well. These delicious and scrumptious cookies do not require any reason to be prepared. Whether it is a birthday, Easter, Christmas, baby shower, Mothers Day, or Valentines Day, chocolate chip cookies fit every occasion perfectly. And as per your liking, you can embellish them with all sorts of toppings, such as cream, jelly, candies, jelly, or leave them sheer plain. Let your children enjoy and take equal delight in the Christmas festivities by relishing succulent and finger-licking chocolate chip cookies. Find out how to make chocolate chip cookies with the recipe given herein.
A recipe for chocolate chip cookies that can be stored in a jar to be prepared and use as desired. These Christmas jars make wonderful gifts, especially for kids in hostel.
Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
- 1 cup - Brown Sugar
- ½ cup - White Sugar
- 1 ½ cups - Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour.
- Layer the ingredients in a large jar.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico.
- Place over lid and secure with rubber band.
- Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band, ready to be baked whenever you want.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about four dozen cookies.