Read family Christmas ideas here such as easy family holiday idea and Christmas ideas for family with small kids.
Family Christmas Ideas
Spending time with family is fast becoming a disappearing tradition in the holiday season. It is often seen that children are often too enthusiastic about this shiny shimmering festive celebration while adults love to have laid-back attitudes after all the work that needs to be done for the time such as trimming trees, cleaning and decorate the house, buying gifts and wrapping them and doing all the baking and cooking. Here are some ideas on how you can lessen your workload and enjoy more:
- A Christmas party for family and close friends can include making wreaths with greens that the guests can take home. Be creative with trimming ideas and the rule is to use things that are easily available at home.
- An easy family holiday idea is either to watch movie at home or go to your favorite theater. If there are small children in the household, an amusement park or Christmas carnivals will be the best place to visit.
- Appoint teenagers who love photography or are skilled with handycams and digital cameras as official cameramen and take holiday pictures and shoot home videos throughout the holiday season.
- Everybody can help in decorating the home during holidays. Even small children can help a lot such as helping moms to set the table, passing off scissors and nails or even sit down quietly to pain an ornament that can be hung on the tree.
- Going out to watch Christmas lights or visiting your neighbors or going for a long drive with friends on Christmas help small families to socialize.
- If you are fortunate enough to have a snowfall on Christmas, you and your kids can make a snowman or other snow crafts or even have a snow ball fight.
- The elders, even the old-aged people, can help you in selecting Christmas cards and writing wishes and addresses on envelopes.
- You can ask all family members to write a letter to everybody else in the family. These letters can be exchanged during family gathering, read during quiet moments and can make great topics of conversation during Christmas dinner or feast.
- You can make and exchange hand made gifts to your family members. It goes a long way to show how much you care for them.
- Young children can be asked to make Christmas cards using colors, cards, old photos or even cuttings from last year's greeting cards.