Handmade Christmas stockings give a personal touch to the gifts stuffed within. Get some ideas on homemade stockings for Christmas.
Handmade Christmas Stockings
Christmas season, the season of hope, dreams, desires and happiness. It is the time for kids to buy that cute stocking and hang it in the hope that Santa Claus will give them the latest toy that has come in the market. Why don't you make your children's Christmas gift even more special this year by giving them handmade Christmas stockings? Having homemade stockings for Christmas adds to the charm of receiving a Christmas present. Making Christmas stockings is not at all a difficult task. You can make use of the handmade Christmas stocking ideas given below.
- Soft wool is the best for making homemade stockings for Christmas. A few popular themes for stockings include cartoon characters, Santa Claus, reindeer, etc.
- Snowflakes, angels, snowman, etc are also some of the popular Christmas stocking motifs.
- You can adorn the stockings with beautiful hand sewn pieces of elegant embroidery.
- Stitch the name of the person for whom the stocking is being made, with the help of colorful threads.
- Rather than the regular stockings, make boot shaped stockings this year. They are very much in fashion these days.
- You can make a stylish Christmas stocking by using cotton velveteen for your stocking fabric.
- Using quilted satin fabric for making the cuff of the stocking definitely gives it a glamorous look.
- Trimming or embroidery should be added to the cuff and body of the stocking before sewing the edges.